Friday, June 6, 2014

Last Day of School - Not Saying Goodbye, but See You Later

What a great year we've had!! Together we have learned, grown, and bonded! I can't tell you enough what a wonderful time I've had being your child's teacher! They each hold such a special place in my heart. :) Thank you for sharing them with me and supporting their educational journey! 

I will miss this group more than I can explain. Today we talked about our experiences over the school year and as I asked them what their favorite thing about Kindergarten was they each replied "Mrs. Pullen!". Wow! That brought years to my eyes! We watched the slideshow together and many of us laughed and cried! Many of them told me that they didn't want to leave me and I replied that I too was not ready for them to leave. As some teachers counted down the last weeks of school, I was holding on to each and everyday not wanting the year to come to an end. As much as I want to hold onto them, I know it is time for them to move forward. They are ready. They have had many successes this year and I know without a doubt that they will continue to grow outside of my care!

I will always and forever be here for them and I encouraged them today to come see me and share what they are doing in future. They will always be "mine".

Thank you all for the sweet letters, gifts, and cards, but most of all thank you for your child. The relationships and memories I have created with them will be cherished forever!




No comments:

Post a Comment