Friday, September 12, 2014

September 12, 2014 News

Good Afternoon Families!! Check out our newsletter for the week!

We had a great week at school! This week we checkout the iPad cart 3 different days for about an hour each day! We discussed iPad rules/ expectations/ uses and then had time each day to explore an app that went along with what we are learning in class! We should get our class set of iPad Minis next week! We can't wait!

Also, if your child has not already told you, we have a classroom audio system! It is called the FlexCat! I wrote a grant at the beginning of last school year for a classroom sound system. I used it for several months last year and started using it with our class the second week of school! The audio system is just another great technological tool that enhances student performance! An interview that I had about the FlexCat with the makers of the audio system is going to be featured in Ed Tech Digest! I can't wait to share that with you when it's published!

Another note, the grant that I wrote through Donor's Choose was fully funded! Soon, we will get a classroom set of Sony headphone and an Apple TV for the classroom! These tools will help the children use their iPad Minis to their full potential and make sharing projects and creations so easy because it will be wireless! We are so thankful for everyone's support and can't wait to get our new tools!

This week has been filled with GREAT NEWS and I can't wait to share our continued successes!

Today we tried to video chat with my brother who is in the Army as an introductory to our community helpers unit. He had a low signal/ connection so we are going to try to chat with him again on Monday! I can't wait to share what we learned with you and hope I have the opportunity to record parts of or the whole chat! I plan to do several live chats with many people throughout the school year!

Well, I hope you all had as great of a week as we did at school and I hope everyone has a fantastic weekend!




No comments:

Post a Comment