Friday, January 9, 2015

January 9, 2015 News

Hello Families!! We've a had a great first week back! It took us a few days to get back into a routine, but everyone came back refreshed and energized! This week was full of writing! We wrote about winter, we wrote thank you notes for our Donor's Choose project, and we also completed our writing activities for the letters Dd & Kk. All of that doesn't even include our journal writing! They did a great job each time they were writing! I'm amazed at how much they are doing on their own with sounding out words and writing in complete sentences!! They have grown so much over the last semester of school!

Take a look at our newsletter for the week! We have some important dates coming up including the 100th Day of School and our Valentine's Day Party! I will be giving you more information on those soon! Also, I will be attending the annual TCEA Convention in Austin February 3-6! This will be my second year attending! I love all things educational technology so this convention is a great place for me to learn about and explore new things to bring back to the classroom! As of right now, my resident student teacher, Ms. Zachariah, will be here with the students while I am gone. I believe it will be the best thing for them since they are already used to seeing her everyday! Also, she's been doing several lessons each week and she know the daily rules, routines, and procedures better than a substitute! If you have any questions about my trip please do not hesitate to ask.


No comments:

Post a Comment